Lynn Atchison is the former CFO at HomeAway, acquired by Expedia in December 2015, an online marketplace for vacation rentals.
Lynn, a seasoned technology executive, currently serves on one public and two private company boards: Q2 Technologies, Convey, and RealMassive.
• Board member – Q2 Technologies “QTWO” (Austin, Texas) since June of 2017. QWTO, an enterprise SaaS company, is a leading provider of secure, cloud-based virtual banking solutions headquartered in Austin, Texas. She serves on both the Audit and IT committees. Analyst consensus for QTWO is $311 million in revenue for 2019, a 29% increase over 2018.
• Board member – Convey (Austin, Texas) since October of 2018. Convey is a private enterprise SaaS company whose cloud-based platform connects disparate data and processes, giving shippers better visibility to make smart decisions, and the tools to take action. From parcel to freight, and first to final mile, Convey helps the world’s largest brands reduce costs, improve visibility and transform transportation into their next competitive advantage.
• Board member – RealMassive (Austin, Texas) since November of 2015. RealMassive, a private online marketplace, is a source for real-time commercial real estate information, providing a powerful yet easy way to help commercial real estate professionals collaborate and streamline their marketing efforts while gaining critical insight into the performance of their commercial real estate listings.
• Member of original steering committee for Women@Austin since the fall of 2013. Women@Austin is a mission-driven community with one main purpose – to advance women entrepreneurs in Austin. Focused on mentoring, connections, and access to capital, we empower women founders and leaders with a killer advantage – permission to break the old rules, to connect and innovate.
• Advisory Board Member– Philanthropitch (Austin, Texas) since April of 2018. Philanthropitch is a fast-pitch, social impact competition that spotlights promising nonprofits and the innovative solutions they bring to local challenges, providing winning entrants both mentoring and financial capital.
Lynn has held a series of CFO jobs with increasing responsibility and scope and has managed P&L’s from startup to hundreds of millions all in the technology sector. She has over 30 years of financial and operational leadership.
Most recently Lynn was the CFO at Spredfast, Inc. from February 2017 until October 1, 2018 when the private enterprise software company executed a successful exit – sold to Vista Equity and merged into Lithium. During Lynn’s tenure, Spredfast executed a strategy to improve operational efficiency while increasing bookings and revenue in an ever-changing social management software market. Note that now the entity is called Khoros.
Lynn also served as the CFO of HomeAway, Inc. (“AWAY”) from August 2006 until March of 2016. During her tenure the business grew from about $10 million in revenue to over $500 million. The company had over 20 acquisitions and expanded into Europe, South America, and Australia. She was the CFO who lead the company’s successful IPO in June of 2011 and was responsible for managing all financial aspects of the company. She was instrumental in the sale of the company to Expedia in December of 2015 for $3.9 billion.
Prior to HomeAway, Atchison was CFO of Infoglide Software, where during her tenure of about 18 months, revenue grew as the company expanded its federal government contract with the Department of Homeland Security. During this time, Atchison was given a top security clearance (not maintained at this point.)
Likewise, in her earlier position as CFO at Hoover’s Online, from 1996-2003, Atchison helped lead and transform the business from a small private book publisher to an online internet company. In addition, she led the company through an IPO in July of 1999. Hoover’s was one of the earliest successful online commercial websites and experienced the boom of growth, the dot.com bust, and a turn-around strategy ultimately resulting in profitability. This strategic growth and financial profile to the ultimate sale to Dun & Bradstreet in 2003.
Prior to Hoover’s, Lynn served as vice president and CFO for Travelogix Inc., a senior manager for Ernst & Young LLP and spent time in private practice.
She is a CPA, and has over 30 years of finance and operations experience, including expertise in financial management and reporting, securities filings, facilities management and legal and human resources.
Lynn thrives with transformational and fast-growing companies. She has scaled operations, driven growth and improved profitability by adapting new business models rapidly and effectively at key inflection points in a company’s lifecycle and leading through change: Examples include:
• Strategic growth through M&A, both domestic and foreign.
• Navigating business strategies when the industry is evolving quickly such as vacation rentals and enterprise social.
• Business model transformation from subscription to transaction at HomeAway and from print to online publishing at Hoover’s.
Austin Technology Council : April 2012-April 2017
Board member, Executive council
Speed Commerce (“SPDC” Dallas, Texas): October 2013 – August 2016.
Board member, Audit Committee member
Financial Executives International: 2002 – 2004
President, Austin Chapter
Executive Forum of Austin Women in Technology  Founding Member
EDUCATION AND ACCOLADES
Lynn earned her Bachelor of Business degree, summa cum laude, in accounting from Stephen F. Austin
State University and has been a CPA since 1982.
Little known > Member of SFA cheerleader squad of 1979-80 who established “the axe” hand symbol, the
traditional spirit symbol for students, faculty and alumni.
• “Best CFO Legacy Award” in in 2017
• “Profiles in Power” – Central Texas Women of Influence in 2015.
• “CFO of the Year” for large private Austin companies in 2009
• “ CFO of the Year” for large Austin public companies in 2014
Lynn enjoys travel, football, and spending time with family and friends.