Land Your Board Seat
CONNECT · LEARN · EXECUTE
While it’s easy to say you’d like to serve on a corporate board, it can be difficult to know exactly what steps to take to make that happen. What can be even more difficult, is the sustained effort required to culture your network, develop your personal brand and identify and approach target boards and recruiters.
The InTouch2020 Board Readiness program helps qualified executives navigate the journey to their first or next corporate board seat. In this 11-month program you will create a board-relevant personal brand, network with sitting corporate directors, learn how to effectively work with recruiters and identify your target boards.
The program combines the MyBoardQuest™ eLearning course with monthly in-person group meetings, co-hosted by active board members, recruiters and other professionals, to expand your board-relevant network. Monthly homework assignments, weekly office hours and a buddy system create accountability and encourage continuous progress. Additional networking and visibility will come through invited attendance at select NACD chapter events. Program graduates will be recognized at the local 2020 Women on Boards Global Conversation on Board Diversity.
InTouch2020 is in association with 2020 Women on Boards. A portion of the tuition benefits that organization.The program is currently offered in Austin, Texas. If you are interested, but live in another location, please contact us for options.
NACD Texas Tricities Chapter is a proud In-Kind partner of InTouch2020.
- Education - MyBoardQuest eLearning Course. Curriculum and materials to guide you through preparing for, and landing, your first corporate board seat
- Networking - Active board members from local chapters of WCD (Women Corporate Directors) and NACD (National Assoc. of Corporate Directors) will be co-facilitators each month along with board-relevant industry professionals
- Professional Events - Guest attendance at select local NACD Chapter events
- Community - Small group size and a “buddy-system” provide a strong peer group of like-minded professionals
- Support - Weekly video “office hours” (Fridays 9:30-11) with Dr. Faivre for spot coaching and questions
- Accountability - Keep yourself on track through a progressive road map to the board, feedback each month from group members, facilitators and an assigned “accountability buddy”
- Recognition - Participants will be recognized for completing the program at the local 2020 Women on Boards National Conversation on Board Diversity event
- Assessment - Identify your core talents and learn how to leverage them for your board-branding with a StrengthsFinder assessment and professional debrief
- Referrals - Once you’ve worked with us and completed your resume and board bio, be referred through our growing network of recruiters and contacts for open board positions
Do I qualify? If you meet any of the following criteria, you are ready to take the next steps toward a corporate board seat:
- CEO, member of the C-suite, General Counsel or Partner
- Member of a non-profit board
- Executive with high-demand skills or expertise, such as cybersecurity, M&A, international operations
Dr. Sara Faivre serves on the boards of Farmer Mac (NYSE:AGM), an ag mortgage GSE and One More Cloud, a privately held tech company in Austin. She also sits on the Austin Advisory board for NACD Texas TriCities Chapter and is an NACD Board Leadership Fellow. As a Business Evolution Coach, Sara helps executives integrate profit, leadership and personal development. She is a certified peer group facilitator with The Alternative Board. Sara is Chair of this year's 2020 Women on Boards Austin Event.